- 2 packages of Golden Oreos
- 4 oz of cream cheese (1/2 of an 8 oz package)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1 box of instant pudding (vanilla, cheesecake, or white chocolate)
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- Clear cups.
- Decorations: mini tropical umbrellas, Teddy Grahams, peppermints, and Hersey chocolate bar.
First crush the Oreos. You can use a food processor. If you’re like me and don’t own a food processor, follow the below steps:
- Put each package of Oreos in a separate gallon zip lock bag.
- Seal the bag.
- Wrap each gallon bag in a kitchen towel. This will prevent the gallon bag from ripping from impact.
- Use a kitchen mantle to crush the Oreos. Flipping the bag side to side to evenly crush the Oreos
- Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, softened butter, and powder sugar. Fold in Cool Whip. In a separate bowl, mix the instant pudding and milk. Fold in the pudding. You can either spoon the mixture into cups, or transfer the mixture into a gallon ziplock bag. Once you transfer to the bag, cut a hole at the corner of the bag to squeeze the mixture into the cups (This is what I did- It made the process less messy and prevented air between the layers).
Now your ready to build your cups. You want to make each layer about 1 to 1 1/2 cm thick. Alternate between the Oreos (The Sand layer) and the white, cream mixture. Start and end with the ‘sand’ layer. After each layer lightly tap the cup against the counter to pack the layers and reduce air. Once the cups are complete, you can decorate the tops. With the extra ‘sand’ and cream you can create a display for the cups on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Recipe makes 10 to 12.
Helpful Hint: The cream is heavy, so it easily overpowers the sand layer. Remember “less is more” with this layer.
The original recipe and inspiration: https://lilluna.com/sand-pudding-cups/
-Nina, OGP Stylist